Pricing & availability
5 bedrooms, sleeps 10
Notes on prices
- Price includes: Linen, household towels, pool towels, wifi, final cleaning
- Compulsory extras: Tourist Tax 1.5 EUR pp/day for people aged 18+
- Optional extras:
- Security deposit: EUR 1000 / GBP 850
- Changeover day: Saturday all season (can be flexible for late bookings)
- Arrival and departure: Arrival from 5pm, departure by 10am
- Fortnight booking restriction: No
WHAT MAKES VILLA SENPERE A GREAT HOLIDAY VILLA:
Here's 10 reasons why we love Villa Senpere...
- Just 5 minutes' walk to village restaurants, boulangerie & shops
- 10 x 5m heated swimming pool
- Brilliant games/fitness room with table tennis, pool table and table football
- Wonderful garden for younger kids - trampoline, wendy house & swing
- Fantastic views of La Rhune, the mythical Basque mountain
- South-facing terraces with shady area for eating outside
- Hiking routes directly from the villa
- Only 5 minutes by car to the St Pée leisure lake & sandy beach - a fun family day out
- A brilliant base for day-trips to the coast, the mountains and Spain
- Bordered on three sides by woodlands - watch griffon vultures fly past!
Families of all ages are well-catered for at this villa and in this area.
Couples who love walking and good food will adore French Basque Country.
The villa works well too for golfing couples / friends with several excellent courses within a short radius.
- Toddlers - lovely garden with swing, trampoline & wendy house. Cot & high chair available. The nearby leisure lake at St Pée and the protected sandy bay at St Jean de Luz make this a perfect destination for young families
- Teenagers - fantastic facilities at the villa with brilliant games room plus wifi of course
- Reduced mobility - several steps to the front door make it unsuitable, sorry
ANYTHING TO WATCH OUT FOR:
Several steps up to the front door.
WHY ST PEE SUR NIVELLE & THE BASQUE COUNTRY:
This pretty Basque village has all your daily essentials and restaurants too - all just 5 minutes' walk from the villa. The real hidden treasure of the town is Lac de St Pée - a 15 minute cycle ride from the villa - where, in summer, there's a giant inflatable 'wipe out' zone, a man-made sandy beach, pedalos and a couple of lake-side restaurants and bars too. In the local area you are spolit for choice for active, varied and exciting days out, including trips to the famous beaches of St Jean de Luz and Biarritz, the stunning landscape of the Pyrenees and enjoy the proximity of Spain (Hondarrabia, San Sebastian, Bilbao) just a short drive away.
Spacious 195m2 house on three levels, very-well equipped and in a fabulous location
Villa Senpere is the perfect spot for families or couples. Lived in 6 months of the year by its delightful Basque owners, the villa is especially well-equipped. The owners have left no stone unturned when thinking about the guests and the facilties will keep everyone happy and relaxed whether it's outside on hot summer days by the pool or inside for the holiday table tennis competition!
Accommodation - ground floor:
From the driveway there are several steps (see photo 2) up to the main entrance - a typically imposing Baque front door leading to the bright and spacious living room.
- Large open-plan living room divided into three areas: the lounge with its modern furnishings, wall-mounted TV and French doors accessing the south-facing terrace; modern & fully-equipped kitchen with island, direct access to the pool terrace; dining area with table for 10 (not that you'll be sitting inside too much!) and French door access to the pool and front terraces
- Bedroom 1: 160cm double bed, en-suite shower room, access to the south-facing patio terrace
Independent guest WC
- Laundry room with washing machine, dryer and additional kitchen equipment
Accommodation - first floor:
- Bedroom 2 - master bedroom suite which occupies one half of the upstairs level. 160cm double bed, south-facing balcony, TV, views over the pool and La Rhune too, dressing area and en-suite bathroom (balneo bath tub, separate shower, double basins)
The remaining three bedrooms and family bathroom are on the other side of the upper level.
- Bedroom 3 - south- & west-facing balconies, double bed 140cm
- Bedroom 4 - twin beds 90cm that can be joined to make a large double
- Bedroom 5 - double bed 140cm
- Bedrooms 3, 4 & 5 share a shower room (shower, WC, double basins)
Accommodation - basement floor:
A few steps take you from the entrance hall downstairs to the games room! Featuring:
- Fitness equipment
- Pool table
- Table football
- Table tennis
- Dart board
The house is impressive on the inside and truly delivers on the outside too. Enjoying an elevated position with views over the village and, in the distance, the summit of La Rhune, this is a very relaxing and sunny place to while away your time.
- 10 x 5m heated swimming exposed to the sun in the afternoons
- 10 x sun-loungers
- Outside dining table for 10 people with awning cover for shade
- Plancha-style bbq
- Comfortable outside lounge furniture by the pool
- Garden area with wendy house and swing for the little ones
- Resistance bike for the swimming pool - for some holiday exercise if you want it!
- South-facing terrace at the front of the house
4 x doubles (2 x 160cm beds + 2 x 140cm bed) & 1 x twin bedroom (90cm beds)
1 x en-suite shower room; 1 x en-suite bathroom; 1 x shared bathroom
Heated 10 x 5m pool protected by alarm
- tumble dryer
- washing machine
- oven & hob
- fridge freezer
- coffee maker
- iron & ironing board
- dvd player
- tv with French channels
- games room
- table tennis
- bbq or plancha
- parking space
- high chair
- hair dryer
Additional House Info
- Hair-dryer in each bathroom
No smoking. Pets considered
Located just 500m from the village centre in an elevated position overlooking the village and with lovely views south to the summit of La Rhune. The immediate location is very quiet with just a couple of other houses nearby and the plot is bordered on three sides by woodlands - birdwatchers will appreciate the visting species including griffon vultures. Not only is the villa convenient for the village, it is very handily situated to enjoy the attractions of French Basque Country and its beautiful coastline, mountains and pretty villages. The leisure lake of St Pée is a 4 km drive (or cycle ride) and it's a fun day out for the family.
Nearest village / town: St Pée Sur Nivelle (0.5 km)
Nearest beach: Lac de St Pée (sandy beach with summer season facilities) 4 km; St Jean de Luz 13 km
Boulangerie: St Pée 750m
Restaurant: St Pée 600m
Market: Saturday mornings in the village plus summer atisans' market on Tuesday mornings
Distance to nearest major transport connections
- Biarritz airport - 16 km
- Bilbao airport - 144 km
- Bordeaux airport - 203 km
- Bilbao ferry port - 159 km
- Santander ferry port - 240 km
- St Malo ferry port - 734 km
- Calais terminal - 1071 km
Customer Reviews By Feefo
No reviews yet.