Pricing & availability
La Villa Rétaise
5 bedrooms, sleeps 8
Notes on prices
- Price includes: Linen (made beds) and bathroom towels, tea towels, pool towels, exit clean, tourist tax, change of linen and light clean for stays of two weeks or more
- Compulsory extras:
- Optional extras:
- Security deposit:
- Changeover day:
- Arrival and departure: Arrival 17h - 19h, departure by 10h
- Fortnight booking restriction: No
WHAT MAKES LA VILLA RÉTAISE A GREAT HOLIDAY RENTAL:
- 15min walk to Le Bois village (market, restaurants, daily shops, bike hire)
- 10min walk to nearest restaurant
- 10min cycle ride to the beautiful beaches of Le Bois Plage
- Character property full of island charm & Rétaise style
- Small private pool to cool off in the summer months
- Superb central base to explore the island's 10 villages, its beaches & attractions
La Villa Rétaise is a great family holiday villa in one of the island's most popular resorts, Le Bois Plage. The space works very well for one family with an extra friend or two or possibly grandparents. The villa can accommodate two families but we suggest no more than 8 guests.
- Toddlers: good > cot & high chair available; pool is heated with electric cover; care needed on stairs though
- Teenagers: good > wifi in the villa; walk to village square and cycle to beach
- Reduced mobility: not recommended > steps from ground floor bedroom to living area
ANYTHING TO WATCH OUT FOR:
- The villa has beds for 10 but it's more comfortable for 6-8 max.
- Street parking only - often the way on Ile de Ré
- Younger kids will need to care using the living room stairs
WHY LE BOIS PLAGE:
It's one of the island's best and most popular villages thanks to its winning combination of lovely village square (with the island's best food hall) and excellent family-friendly sandy beaches. What's more, being centrally located on the island it's easy to explore the rest of Ré's delightful villages and beaches - mostly on two wheels of course!
IN PARTNERSHIP WITH SIMPSON TRAVEL
La Villa Rétaise is also available to book via the Simpson Travel website.
Read more about our partnership with Simpson Travel.
Character 240m2 townhouse in the Rétaise island-style
La Villa Rétaise is a lovely example of a modernised yet traditional Ile de Ré holiday villa. A modest entrance from a quiet street opens up to reveal an impressive courtyard and 5 bedroom holiday home. It's not what you expect from such an unassuming front gate!
- Entrance hall including separate guest WC
- Polished concrete steps down to the open-plan living room comprising of...
- Modern kitchen with breakfast bar
- Dining space with table for up to 8
- Lounge area with sofas, flat screen TV and access to the courtyard patio and pool
- Bedroom 1 with 160cm bed, TV and shower
- Laundry room
There are steps at either side of the ground floor leading to the first floor bedrooms. NB The staircases from the lounge are partially 'open' and small children need to be watched carefully.
- Bedroom 2 with 160cm bed, south-facing balcony plus en-suite: shower, hand-basin & WC
- Bedroom 3 with two single beds
- Bedroom 4 with small double 140cm and TV
- Bathroom shared by bedrooms 3 & 4: bathtub, WC, two hand-basins
- Bedroom 5 with 160cm bed, TV, shower & hand-basin
- To the side of the house is a patio courtyard and it's a handy secure space to store bikes
- To the rear of the villa and accessed from the living room you have an outside seating area plus raised area with a 6 x 4 heated swimming pool
- Gas plancha
4 x doubles (3 x 160cm + 1 x 140cm) & 1 x twin room
3 x shower rooms & 1 x bathroom
Private heated pool 6 x 4 m with cover
- tumble dryer
- washing machine
- oven & hob
- fridge freezer
- coffee maker
- iron & ironing board
- tv with French channels
No smoking. Pets - please enquire
The villa is located on the outskirts of Le Bois Plage village in the heart of the island - it's a super base from which to explore the island's villages and beaches. The local district - Le Roulant - is a characterful residential area of traditional Rétaise townhouses. Properties are tightly-packed in but that's the island style and the walled courtyard-style gardens ensure privacy. You can walk into the village centre (market, restaurants, a few shops) in 15 minutes whilst there's a local restaurant only 10 minutes on foot heading the other way. To reach the beach it's an easy cycle ride of 10-15 minutes whilst similar timings on two wheels will see you reach the island's capital and UNESCO site, Saint Martin de Ré.
Nearest village / town: Le Bois Plage (1.2km)
Nearest beach: Le Bois Plage 7min cycle ride (2.2km)
Boulangerie: Le Bois Plage 15min walk (1.2km)
Restaurant: Le Bois Plage 9min walk (750m)
Market: Le Bois Plage 17min walk (1.4km)
Distance to nearest major transport connections
- La Rochelle airport - 25min drive (19km)
- Nantes airport - 2hr drive (158km)
- Bordeaux airport - 2hr15min drive (214km)
- La Rochelle TGV train station - 35min drive (27km)
- St Malo ferry port - 4hr drive (339km)
- Calais terminal - 7hrn drive (719km)
Customer Reviews By Feefo
No reviews yet.