Pricing & availability
Le Clos Colombier
8 bedrooms, sleeps 16
Notes on prices
- Price includes: 1) Beds made for arrival & weekly change of bed linen (and beds re-made); 2) Bathroom towels (1 large towel + 1 hand towel pp) & weekly change of towels including Simpson Travel pool towels; 3) Weekly clean: final cleaning for stays of 7 nights and mid-stay cleaning and final cleaning for stays of 14 nights; 4) Pool maintenance & garden; maintenance 5) Pool heating mid-May to 1st October (supplement applies outside this period); 5) Utility services: internet, electricity, gas (if applicable), water; 6) Bathrobes & slippers for adult guests; Sothys bath products; 7) Welcome Hamper.
- Compulsory extras:
- Optional extras: 1) In-villa chef service (on request); 2) Additional cleaning €25/hour; 3) Babysitting €16/hour; 4) Concierge services (on request); 5) Wine cellar. Services are paid locally.
- Security deposit: EUR 4000
- Changeover day: Saturday
- Arrival and departure: Arrival from 17h, departure by 10h
- Fortnight booking restriction: No
WHAT MAKES LE CLOS COLOMBIER A GREAT HOLIDAY RENTAL:
- One of the best 'villa' rentals we've seen in 20 years. It's more boutique hotel than villa
- Accommodation includes three stunning 2-bedroom suites, ideal for families
- Fabulous 18m heated swimming pool set in 1 acre park
- Bar with pinball machine and Cellar Bar with hand-selected wine list
- Village shop and basic bar/restaurant are an easy walk
- In-villa cook can be hired; and if you're lucky, Michelin-star chef and Le Clos Colombier owner Gilles Dudognon can be booked in advance, subject to his availability
- Beautiful and tasteful decor - understated luxury
- Group of adult couples: tasteful, informal luxury, very ‘foodie’, wine cellar; hotel-suite style of rooms; in-villa chef available; gym; bar
- Multi-gen groups: lots of space; a truly memorable property
- Families with younger kids: tweens & younger > large garden & large pool. Nanny can share a suite with kids.
- Perfect venue for a special birthday or anniversary
- Toddlers: pool is set well away from the house; lovely, large parkland gardens to enjoy; cot & high chair available
- Teens: this is quiet rural France - perhaps combine a week here with something on the coast?
- Reduced mobility: not well-suited as the bedrooms are on the first and second floors
ANYTHING TO WATCH OUT FOR?
Staff will usually occupy the adjacent accommodation (completely private and separate from the guest accommodation). Le Clos requires a lot of upkeep and it's necessary and helpful to have maintenance staff available.
This is La France Profonde: largely off the tourist route but with all the trappings of a fabulous French life experience: think delicious food and wine, to be enjoyed at the local markets (Limoges' art-deco Les Halles is the pick) and the area's many auberges. Limoges old town delivers a bit of culture too with its medieval quarter and fine shops - leather and porcelain are the region's specialties.
IN PARTNERSHIP WITH SIMPSON TRAVEL:
Le Clos Colombier is also available to book via the Simpson Travel website.
Read more about our partnership with Simpson Travel.
A luxurious, beautiful and historic property - a genuinely rare villa rental
Le Clos Colombier - think boutique hotel rather than 'villa'. This sumptuous property had Justin in raptures after his visit in November 2021. The renovation of a run-down former chateau was masterminded by Michelin-star local chef Gilles Dudognon and his wife. We applaud their vision, energy and great taste.
Stepping into Le Clos does feel like you're checking into an intimate hotel. The reception and communal rooms are both beautiful and spacious, and work perfectly for villa-living. The bedrooms really would not look out of place in a boutique hotel: generously proportioned, elegantly furnished & decorated and contemporary en-suites. Stunning.
Le Clos combines the best of old and new - traditional, character features and modern equipment. What really strikes home is the informality - this is not a 'fussy' home where you have to be on tip-toes all the time. Understated luxury is what comes to mind.
- Entrance hall with flagstone floors
- Pro-kitchen with top-of-the-range Gaggeneau appliances
- Lounge/reception room
- Dining room (table is set for 10 but can be increased)
- Bar with pinball machine and stone steps down to the cellar bar
- Guest WC
- Bedroom 1: 30m2 double room with super-king-size 200cm bed; views over the garden; en-suite shower room
- Bedroom 2: 30m2 double room with super-king-size 200cm bed; village views; en-suite shower room
- Suite 'La Tour': lounge; double bedroom with super-king-size 200cm bed; sumptuous en-suite bathroom incorporating the original tower of the former chateau; separate bedroom with bunk beds (2 x 90cm).
- Suite 'Les Nuages': lounge; double bedroom with super-king-size 200cm bed; separate bedroom with twin beds (2 x 90cm) that can be joined to make a double; shower room with WC.
- Suite 'Les Arbres': lounge; double bedroom with super-king-size 200cm bed; separate bedroom with twin beds (2 x 90cm) that can be joined to make a double; bathroom with WC.
In all bedrooms: smart TV; safe; bath products, hairdryer, bathrobe & slippers. Suites also feature AC; fridge; coffee machine.
- Fitness room with shower & WC
- Laundry room adjacent to the fitness room
- 1 acre private park to the rear of the property with mature trees & lawn
- Patio terrace with access from the entrance hall, dining room and bar
- Big Green Egg bbq
- Private & heated swimming pool 18 x 5m
- Sun-loungers x 10
- Parking to the front of the property for several cars
2 x doubles; 3 x 2-bedroom suites
All bedrooms are en-suite; 2 x additional separate WC's
18x5m heated pool protected by hard security cover. Depth 1.2 - 1.7m
- washing machine
- oven & hob
- fridge freezer
- coffee maker
- iron & ironing board
- tv with French channels
- bbq or plancha
- parking space
- high chair
- hair dryer
Additional House Info
- 2 x bikes at the villa for guests’ use. Bike rental (including e-bikes) can be arranged for guests
- Cellar Bar features a range of wines personally selected by chef Gilles and available for purchase
No smoking in the house please. Pets permitted.
Mid-way in France in the Haut Vienne department, it's a straighforward drive from the north coast for UK travellers. And a real bonus - if you can get flights - is the proximity of Limoges airport. Limoges (16km) is the principal town of the area with all the amenities to be expected of a small city. The villa itself is situated in the heart of the small village of Veyrac which offers a small shop and basic bar-restaurant. There are circular walks to be enjoyed from the village. Nearby there are several villages and small towns which are a joy on market day. Mortemart is one of the best.
Nearest village / town: Veyrac
Nearest beach: Not a beach rental - it's a 3 hour drive to the west coast
Boulangerie: Bakery goods in the village shop
Restaurant: Basic bar-restaurant in the village. Several within 15 minute drive
Market: 10 minute drive to Saint Gence, Verneuil-sur-Vienne and Oradour-sur-Glane markets
Distance to nearest major transport connections
- Limoges Airport 11km
- Brive Airport 123km
- Poitiers Airport 125km
- Bergerac Airport 151km
- Saint-Malo ferry 500km
- Caen ferry 485km
- Calais terminal 700km
Customer Reviews By Feefo
No reviews yet.