Pricing & availability
5 bedrooms, sleeps 10
Notes on prices
- Price includes: Bed linen, bathroom & pool towels, 4 hours cleaning per week plus final cleaning. Change of linen & towels mid-stay for 14 night bookings
- Compulsory extras: Tourist Tax paid locally 3.50 EUR per adult per night
- Optional extras:
- Security deposit: EUR 1000
- Changeover day: Saturday
- Arrival and departure: Arrival from 5pm, departure by 10am
- Fortnight booking
restriction: Minimum 14 nights required in July & August
WHAT MAKES VILLA MENDI A GREAT HOLIDAY RENTAL?
- Secluded countryside setting yet very close to the resorts & beaches of La Cote Basque
- Charming Basque Country villa with plenty of character
- Two Michelin 1* restaurants in walking distance
- Set in woodland park with mountain views
- 10min by bike to Guéthary village
- 6min drive to Bidart beach
- Two families or a three generation family
- We think the location, style of house and the grounds work particularly well for younger families. St Jean de Luz beach is also brilliant for younger kids.
- Toddlers - excellent: the grounds are magical for young kids
- Teenagers - OK: short drive to the coast and its cafes, shops and beaches. Wifi in the property
- Reduced mobility - OK: ground floor bedroom but a few steps down to the pool
ANYTHING TO WATCH OUT FOR?
- It's a traditional style home: the kitchen and two children's rooms & bathrooms upstairs are 'old-fashioned'
- Occasionally there is a little light background noise from the autoroute (500m and not visible)
WHY THE BASQUE COAST?
Enjoy the pretty & cherished coastal villages of Guéthary & Bidart. Guéthary has a pretty harbour with small sandy beach, restaurants & bars; charming village centre with a handful of restaurant/bars & boutiques plus a handy train station too. Bidart has two fantastic beaches – Uhabia and Plage du Centre – a very pretty village square, coastal walks and a selection of restaurants. These two villages lie between their two famous neighbours, Biarritz and St Jean de Luz, both are beautiful seaside towns with fabulous beaches, shopping and restaurants.
Authentic Basque home with lots of character and a convivial ambience, perfect for larger groups
House on two floors with 270m2 floor space and 1.3 ha of wooded grounds.
- Kitchen (traditional style)
- Utility room
- Double-height living room with genuine character and presence. This spacious and sociable room features dining and lounge areas. There are multiple French doors to the terrace & grounds, flooding the space with lots of natural light. Basque houses are built with love and built to last and no better is this typified than the solid wood front door
- Shower room with WC and hand basin
- Bedroom 1: twin room, the beds can be joined to make double
- Second lounge / reading / TV room
- From the living room is an impressive staircase leading to a galleried landing and the remaining bedrooms
- Bedroom 2: 160cm bed can be separated into 2 x singles, mountain views, private shower room (shower & hand basin) next door
- Bedroom 3: master suite with 180cm bed which can be separated into 2 x singles, mountain views, dressing area, en-suite bathroom (shower, bath, hand basin, WC)
- Separate WC
- Shower room with hand basin
- Bedroom 4: kids’ room with twin beds that can be joined to form a double, inter-connecting with Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 5: kids’ room with twin beds that can be joined to form a double, en-suite bath & hand basin (no shower or WC), inter-connecting with Bedroom 4
The woodland grounds are a real feature of this villa and add to the feeling of space, seclusion and charm. From the lane, a stout pair of gates open to reveal a not inconsiderable drive way leading to the villa.
- Superb 1.3 ha parkland
- 10m swimming pool with spring diving board. Protected by alarm
- Mountain views
- Dining table and outdoor lounge furniture
- Table tennis & table football
- Parking for two cars
All 5 bedrooms have beds that can be singles or joined to make a double – ultimate flexibility
1 x shower room downstairs; 4 x en-suite / private bathrooms upstairs
10m swimming pool with spring diving board. Protected by alarm. Not heated.
- washing machine
- oven & hob
- fridge freezer
- coffee maker
- iron & ironing board
- tv with French channels
- table tennis
- bbq or plancha
- parking space
Additional House Info
No smoking & no pets
Situated just a few minutes' drive inland, Villa Mendi is the type of location where you can enjoy the tranquility and views of the countryside yet be within very easy access of the beaches and summer buzz of the coast. You can walk into Guéthary village for a restaurant and boulangerie but it's really a cycle ride (only 2km) to the centre and harbour. Bidart village and beach are little more than a 5 minute drive. This residential area is reknown for its large villas and Villa Mendi is certainly one of them. Situated in the heart of a 1.3 hectare park with views of the mountains and Bidart village, this is very much a private and secluded retreat. The beaches and resorts are just minutes away whilst Spain, the Pyrenees and Basque Country all beckon.
Nearest village / town: Guéthary 2km
Nearest beach: Guéthary 2km & Bidart 2.5km
Boulangerie: Guéthary 10min walk (850m)
Restaurant: 5min (400m) walk + 13min walk (1km) - both Michelin 1* restaurants
Market: St Jean de Luz Les Halles
Distance to nearest major transport connections
- Autoroute - 8min (5km) drive
- Guéthary train station - 10min (2km) bike ride
- St Jean de Luz train station - 15min (9km) drive
- Biarritz train station - 15min (8km) drive
- Biarritz airport - 25min (10km) drive
- Bilbao airport - 1hr 35min (138km) drive
- Bordeaux airport - 2hr 10min (200km) drive
- Bilbao ferry - 1hr 50min (153km) drive
- Santander ferry - 2hr 40min (235km) drive
- St Malo ferry - 7hr 10min (731km) drive
- Calais terminal - 10hr 20min (1067km) drive
Customer Reviews By Feefo
No reviews yet.