Pricing & availability
Hôtel La Villa l'Arche
1 bedroom, sleeps 2
Notes on prices
- Price includes: Breakfast; tourist tax; daily maid service; hotel concierge
- Compulsory extras:
- Optional extras: Underground parking; drinks; bringing a dog; massage; breakfast in the Apartment Donibane
- Security deposit: None
- Changeover day: Flexible
- Arrival and departure: Rooms available from 15h and must be vacated by 12h
- Fortnight booking restriction: No
WHAT MAKES LA VILLA L'ARCHE A GREAT HOTEL?
Boutique 4* star hotel with 9 rooms & 3 apartments...
- Unbeatable ocean-front setting with stunning views
- Footpath directly to the sandy beach & beach restaurant
- Beautiful rooms all with direct ocean views
- Incredible sunsets and mountain views too
- Go car-free - 15 minute taxi transfer from the airport
- Short walk to village centre & restaurants
- Fabulous 14m heated pool
- Coastal path walks directly from the hotel
- Intimate & romantic
- Superb staff including your friendly host, Florian
- Flexible arrival & departure all season (subject to min. 3 night stay)
- 20% off spa treatments at St Jean de Luz Loremar
- Adult couples of all ages: enjoy the region's wonderful food, beaches, scenery, walks, golf - and pampering opportunities
- For families the 3 bedroom Apartment Donibane is the choice
- Why not extend your villa break with a few nights in the hotel
- Toddlers - OK: the apartment is the space to choose for families
- Teenagers - OK: easy walk to the beach & village
- Reduced mobility - OK: ground floor bedrooms available but note there is a sloping footpath down to the beach and a short hill walk to the village centre
ANYTHING TO WATCH OUT FOR
- Breakfast is included in the Ocean Privilege Rooms and Junior Suites but not Apartment Donibane
- In the photo gallery the room shots are Ocean Privilge. Apartment Donibane photos are available on request
- Underground parking spaces are tight
WHY BIDART & THE BASQUE COAST?
Enjoy the pretty & cherished seaside villages of Bidart & Guéthary. Bidart has two fantastic beaches – Uhabia and Plage du Centre – a charming village square, coastal walks and a selection of restaurants. Neighbouring Guéthary has a pretty harbour with small sandy beach, restaurants & bars plus a lively village centre with a handful of restaurant/bars & boutiques. These two villages lie between their two famous neighbours, Biarritz and St Jean de Luz, both are beautiful seaside towns with fabulous beaches, boutique shopping and restaurants.
Relaxing & intimate 4* boutique hotel in a stunning ocean-front setting
With just 9 rooms/suites in the principal building and 3 apartments in a second building, Villa l'Arche is a perfect size for guests who appreciate a smaller and more authentic hotel experience.
The beautiful rooms and spectacular setting help create an intimate and romantic ambience for guests.
Your host and manager, Florian Bouget, is charming and attentive. The hotel rooms are fresh and 'contemporary beach' style (refurbished in Winter 2019) and the communal areas are tasteful and relaxing.
Sophisticated yet laid-back, Hotel La Villa l'Arche is a gem.
Alternative Aquitaine offers a choice of accommodation, all with ocean views:
Ocean Deluxe Rooms:
32m2 room on either the ground floor (private terrace) or first floor (private balcony) with fabulous ocean views. The rooms are decorated in a fresh, white beach-y style. Enjoy a very comfortable sleep in your top-quality 200cm bed (can be separated into singles). Each room has its own shower or bathroom, TV, air-con, safe, mini-bar, hair-dryer and tea/coffee facilities.
Note: the prices are shown online.
Same as the Ocean Privilege rooms just a little larger at 35m2. There are two suites, one on the ground floor and one on the first floor.
Note: prices on request (slightly more expensive than Ocean Privilege).
3 Bedroom Apartment Donibane:
To the other side of the garden and pool is the second building with its three apartments: two studios on the first floor and the 110m2 Apartment Donibane occupying the entire ground floor:
- West-facing private terrace with amazing ocean views
- Second south-facing terrace
- Open-plan living room with lounge, dining area and integrated kitchen
- Bedroom 1 - double bed, air-con, TV, en-suite shower-room with WC
- Bedroom 2 - double bed, air-con, TV
- Bedroom 3 - twin beds, air-con, TV
- Bathroom shared by bedrooms 2 & 3
- Separate WC
The Apartment is designed for families who are happy doing a bit of self-catering - the kitchen is fully-equipped for making your own meals.
Note: prices on request. Breakfast is not included in the apartment rates but it can be added as a supplement (15€ per adult & 8€ per child).
- 14m swimming pool overlooking the ocean! Heated from mid-Feb to mid-Nov
- Terrace with sun-loungers by the pool
- Lovely area of lawn and a 'natural' garden leading down to the beach, planted with shrubs capable of withstanding the occasional Atlantic blast!
- Breakfast & drinks terrace
- Footpath directly from the hotel to the beach
- Jacuzzi on the path down to the beach
Reception & Lounge:
- Hotel reception
- Hotel lounge
- Bar service at Villa l'Arche for beer, wine, ciders, soft drinks, teas & coffees (not spirits)
- Florian and his team can book restaurants, surf school, taxis, golf tee-times, etc - just ask at the hotel desk
- Delicious continental-style buffet breakfast including local pastries, fresh juice, hot drinks, fresh fruit, yoghurt, cheese, cereals
- Can be taken on the terrace / in the lounge / in-room
- Included in the prices for hotel rooms (not apartments - but can be added as supplement)
- Guests enjoy 20% off treatments at the Loremar Thalasso & Spa hotel in St Jean de Luz
- In-room massage treatments can be arranged
- Underground parking (10€ per day and the spaces are tight). It is possible to park on the lane next to the hotel
200cm doubles that can be split into single
En-suite shower room or full bathroom
14m shared pool heated all season (mid-Feb to mid-Nov)
- coffee maker
- iron & ironing board
- tv with French channels
No smoking in rooms. Dogs permitted - supplement applies
It doesn't get any better than this! La Villa l'Arche sits just above the ocean in the village of Bidart. Enjoying fabulous ocean views from the gardens and all rooms, the setting is fabulous. What's more, the hotel is tucked away in a very quiet lane and is therefore very private and peaceful. From the garden stroll directly down to the sandy beach for a walk, a swim or a surf. The ocean colours, the sunsets and mountain panorama as the Bay of Biscay coastline meets Spain - the views are memorable. The hotel location is also highly convenient for eating out in Bidart's restaurants and strolling into the village. The proximity of Biarritz airport and train station makes for an easy car-free break too. But if you want to venture out into the French Basque Country, Pyrenees or Spain then a hire car or excursions can be arranged for you at the hotel.
Nearest village / town: Bidart
Nearest beach: Plage du Centre accessible directly from the hotel gardens 2min walk
Boulangerie: Breakfast included in room rate. Boulangerie in the village 7min walk (700m)
Restaurant: 4 min walk (300m)
Market: Biarritz Les Halles 13min (7km) drive
Distance to nearest major transport connections
- Biarritz airport: 12min drive (8km)
- Bilbao airport: 1hr 35min drive (138km)
- Bordeaux airport: 2hr drive (197km)
- Biarritz railway station: 11min drive (6km)
- Bilbao ferry port: 1hr 50min drive (153km)
- Santander ferry port: 2hr 35min drive (233km)
- St Malo ferry port: 7hr 15min drive (728km)
- Calais ferry/chunnel: 10hr drive (1065km)
Customer Reviews By Feefo
No reviews yet.